Why become a member? ×

Micro High-Pass cross-over pedal with gain boost?

Dood

I've been having a bit of fun with my pedals this evening and have finally found a way of nailing a drive tone that I've been after for a while. I have all manner of effects loops everywhere that I know that I can simplify and get the results I want.

However, I want to get round and downsize part of the signal path that I need to 1. Sculpt away lots of low end and also 2. boost the output by up to 15db. Yes, I am doing this with a graphic pedal currently and have tried a little Mooer micro thing which sounded not so good doing the same job.

Does something like this exist?

I thought I'd ask before I drop Max at SFX a message!

OR...

I need a pedal like the Boss LS-2 with the ability to high-pass the signal going around the 'effects loop' AND also to boost the level going to it. I feel that I am very close to a custom pedal here, but there might just be something out there already!!

Or, a loop pedal that has a graphic EQ before the send of the loop. But instead of using sliders on the outside, trimpots under the cover so that the 'curve' and 'boost' is never messed with. Hmmmm... too many ideas now!

[quote name='Greg Edwards69' timestamp='1451833015' post='2943779']
How about the rolls mini crossover? The inimitable Billy Sheehan uses one to remove the low end in one of his signal paths. It's not a pedal, so would be an always on unit.
[/quote]

Yes indeed that one is certainly on my radar. I even have the schematic diagram for it. I just want to find out how much gain it offers on the output, but then I thought about having a 'loop' in the box too thus saving on kit to carry around. Sure, it's only one pedal, but I like the idea of taking as few items with me as possible.