Why become a member? ×

How to connect/breed moog noise

andybassdoyle

2015 was the year that I started getting interested in Moogs and expression control. In terms of understanding this world I'm still crawling out of the primordial slime but I now have a couple of moogs on my board and am intrigued about connecting control outputs of one to another etc. It seems that there is plenty of reference made to this, and in fact equipment available to facilitate it. I have no clue.

Can anyone offer any suggestions - firstly about possible connections/applications and second what might make for an interesting third addition..

At the moment I using the lowpass filter and the freqbox.

Oh, I also have a moog t-shirt now as well so it's official.

Thanks for any ideas and Happy New Year to all!

Sounds like you need to get 3 TRS cables. One to come from the "Env Out" on the LPF & one each to come from the Freqbox's "Env Out" & "Osc Out". Then start experimenting.
One of the Freqbox outs to the LPF's cutoff would be a good place to start. :)

To enlighten you, read up on CV (Control Voltage). MF's are 5v +/-, so if you plan on using something 3rd party, make sure you don't put too many volts through your moogs.

Thanks matey - it might sound like a silly question but should a standard TRS cable (i.e. passive expression cable) do the job? I've tried swapping some stuff around but get a fair bit of noise and not much else. Excuse my ignorance but any suggestions gratefully received!