Why become a member? ×

Highway one or Highway 1... ?

warwickhunt

Can someone give me the [u]definitive[/u] answer as to what features each bass has and when they are/were in production.

I really like the nitro finish (which I'm certain both have) and I have a deep dislike for the 'pointy/stabbing' bridge saddles that Fenders have, so would only consider one with a BA (again confusion is it a BA or BA II and I'm certain none are thru-body strung) but I've seen loads of basses here and eBay that appear to be described as [i][b]one[/b][/i] or [i][b]1[/b][/i] and they have either been retro fitted with BA or there's a rabbit away somewhere with the descriptions.

Colour me confused :)

Cheers

They are the same bass to an extent, just people call them either 1 or One, Fender use 'One'.

When the highway one first came out it had a nitro paintjob, standard fender bridge ect ect, but they released an upgraded version a few years ago, which has the same nitro finish but come with a BAII bridge and 70's logo as standard.

No HW-1's are thru-body.

On my GAS list currently, well have been for a few years.

Edited by WarPig

[quote name='WarPig' post='284399' date='Sep 15 2008, 05:52 PM']They are the same bass to an extent, just people call them either 1 or One, Fender use 'One'.

When the highway one first came out [b]it had a nitro paintjob,[/b] standard fender bridge ect ect, but they released an upgraded version a few years ago, which has the same nitro finish but come with a BAII bridge and 70's logo as standard.

No HW-1's are thru-body.

On my GAS list currently, well have been for a few years.[/quote]

[quote name='GЯДИК' post='284410' date='Sep 15 2008, 06:08 PM']the originals weren't nitro they were [b]catalyzed lacquer[/b] - a kind of acrylic I believe[/quote]

Come on guys I want absolutes here :)

Im probably wrong about the first ever range's finish. Ill check my fender books and reply if i find something.

EDIT: From 'The Bass Book'

2003-06 'First Version' Satin Finish Body, truss-rod adjuster at headstock end.

2006-Current 'Second Version' Satin Finish Body, truss-rod adjuster at body end.

Edited by WarPig