Why become a member? ×

Peavey 215 enclosure speaker query

Jono Bolton

I've got a Peavey 2x15 cab that's had the speakers replaced at some point with some Behringer PA speakers. They're not bad, but they're 3 ohms, wired to 6 ohms. There's a couple of sets of Black Widows on eBay at the moment; 1 set of 1505s and one of 1508s. Does anyone know what model would have been originally in the cab? Would either be sufficient for putting in there?

The cab I had was fitted with speakers that had aluminium domes. They weren't marked and there are a wide range of models produced over the years sharing the same magnet but with all sorts of variations of drivers. The 1501DT has an aluminium dome and i assumed that's what they were but I've also used a 1505DT. the original ally ones certainly had more bite and the 1505 is designed for bass with an immense old school sound. Xmax (excursion) is 4mm which is better than some of the other models. I have no data on the 1508. Others may come along with more information.