Why become a member? ×

Line 6 M9/M13 on bass any good better the Zoom B3

tonyclaret

Hi,

I had a B3 sold it bought an MS-60b.

Both good units, I don't like having to faff to much on stage so liked the idea of the m9 or possibly m13 with lots of available stomps I could use when needed.

Anyone using one? Not to bothered about pre-amps.

Better with 2 X B3's?

Thoughts?

T

Edited by tonyclaret

I've had both the M13 and the M9.

Both really fabulous units. True bypass so they don't mess your signal. Some real quality stomp box models in there. For bass, the modulations, reverbs and distortions are great. Some of the filters are good, some not so. The synths etc are more than passable but as I don't use many, can't comment.

For me, I was only scratching the surface of the M13 so I swapped it out for an M9 to save the real estate on the floor board. It's been a constant for the best part of 3 years which for me, is a LONG time. Love the immediacy of it, being able to tweak on the fly. Like you, I had no need for modelling, hence the M9/13.

With everything, it's all about personal taste. Just because the M9/13 suits me, may not suit you. Get hold of one and try it. See how it sounds and plays.

Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers
T

I had an M9 and an M5, loved both units. Then had a B3 for a few days at home for a couple of times. Never stuck with it. Didn't like the sounds as much and I could hear it altered the signal even when bypassed. Though most people deny it, I could definitely hear it with my setup.

I definitely recommend the M9, it's easier to set up and I prefer the modulation sounds, they're just outstanding. Delays and reverbs are also absolutely excellent. Filters are mostly useless though there are a few decent ones (the whammy is great), and same for distortions but that's my opinion of all distortions on all multifx for bass anyways...

Bear in mind for each bank you get 6 sounds but each pair is made of mutually exclusive sounds, so you can only have 3 at the same time. And only some sounds allow you to blend in the clean signal.

Man, you've made me miss this unit now, wanna go and buy another one!

Edited by 1976fenderhead