Why become a member? ×

TC RH750 opinions please!

LewisK1975

Hi all,

Just trying to gather some opinions from RH750 (or RH450, guess it sounds the same??) users...

Currently using a Tecamp PUMA 500 (all set flat) with all the tone shaping done by a sansamp paradriver (like the bass driver but has semi-parametric mid control).

From listening to youtube videos (I know, I know), it seems like the RH would have a similar sound straight out the box - plus have the added benefits of the built in tuner, compressor etc..

Thoughts?

Or if anyone in the South Wales area would be kind enough to let me try their RH with my cab(s) (BF super compacts), that would be even better!

Cheers!!

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1450698618' post='2934905']
Just trying to gather some opinions from RH750 (or RH450, guess it sounds the same??) users...
[/quote]
... who also know what a Tecamp PUMA 500 into a SansAmp paradriver sounds like.

Hmmm, could be a bit of a long shot, there, but you never know! Good luck!

Haha you could be right - Tecamp is set flat though and into Barefaced SC's so I guess the question is really whether RH users think they have a Sansamp type sound?

I guess ultimately I'm gonna have to try one out somehow. I do like the idea of being able to drop the pedal tuner, compressor and sansamp unit from the pedal board....

I'm an RH750 user but have no idea what a Sansamp type sound is, I'm afraid. And I don't feel that I need to know, either - the RH 750 sounds so good and is so versatile that it makes me a bit incurious about such things, to be honest!

Hopefully someone more useful and insightful will be along in a while!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1450698618' post='2934905']

it seems like the RH would have a similar sound straight out the box - plus have the added benefits of the built in tuner, compressor etc..
[/quote]

It would be the same sort of drive sound yes, the RH sound is very much like an SVT preamp section with the tubetone control behaving like the "drive" on the ampeg. Its worth knowing though that the RH's don't do completely clean so in that sense it would be less flexible that your puma setup.

I had a RH450 originally, then moved it on (as we do), only to come back to a RH750 earlier this year (bought new for about £150 less than the 450 seven years earlier! :unsure: ). The RH750 replaced a Reidmar and has cured any amp-related GAS for me. I love the convenience of the feature set - the on-board tuner, tubetone and excellent compressor - and the three pre-sets. I know the whole 'TC watts' thing put some people off but, for my money, the RH amps are still some of the best D class amps out there, with a lot of very sensible, gig-friendly features and no window dressing ones. The 750 is flexible and loud too - loud as I'll ever need anyway. I like mine a lot...mind you, I've never played through a [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tecamp PUMA 500 into a SansAmp paradriver! :)[/font][/color]