Why become a member? ×

a question regarding BC trades

Funky Dunky

How do I test the water for a trade without breaching forum rules/etiquette, please?

Am I right in saying I list my bass and my valuation, and receive offers only by pm?

Thank you.

( I"m posting this here because it won't let me ask it in the Bass Guitars For Sale forum without me putting a price. I'm not ready for that just yet. Anyway, Mods please assign this to the relevant home on BC if this is not it.)

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1449437146' post='2923581']
How do I test the water for a trade without breaching forum rules/etiquette, please?

Am I right in saying I list my bass and my valuation, and receive offers only by pm?

[/quote]

Yup. Just put on the ad stating you only wish for a trade so you don't get people looking for cash sale.

Cool, thanks Cameron. I'm really just wondering what it would fetch, if anything might be of interest. There's no guarantee I would go ahead if nothing exciting comes up, but I don't want to waste anyone's time.

I don't want to trade the bass, it sounds killer and looks beautiful but it just doesn't feel right. The neck is a tad cumbersome and it shouldn't be, but somehow it is.

Edited by Funky Dunky