Why become a member? ×

Markbass CMD121 Combo

OldGit

Not sure about the 600 watts claim (surely it's 500 at 4 ohms?) and it doesn't look like the current model but may be a bargain at the mo ...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Markbass-Combo-Bass-Amp-600-watts_W0QQitemZ280265974486QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280265974486&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14"]Item number 280265974486[/url]

Chap has a nice Lady Penelope Pink 'Ray for sale too

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='282263' date='Sep 11 2008, 11:58 PM']Not sure about the 600 watts claim (surely it's 500 at 4 ohms?) and it doesn't look like the current model but may be a bargain at the mo ...

Chap has a nice Lady Penelope Pink 'Ray for sale too[/quote]
It's a CMD 121[b]P[/b] and is 500W at 4 Ohms like you say. He's talking crap to say he paid over £1k for it unless he got a very bad deal. He also says it's digital which it isn't.
Even so, could turn out to be a good buy.

Edited by rayfw

[quote name='rayfw' post='282407' date='Sep 12 2008, 10:06 AM']It's a CMD 121[b]P[/b] and is 500W at 4 Ohms like you say. He's talking crap to say he paid over £1k for it unless he got a very bad deal. He also says it's digital which it isn't.
Even so, could turn out to be a good buy.[/quote]

Yeah I don't see a horn and the new CMD121/H is only £800 or so so yes there is a degree of cowpoo about the listing ..
Still in a credit crunch and with his pressing need it may be a bargain for someone...

It's a CMD151P, you can tell with the carry handle on the top, and RRP is £1K+.
I'm still not sure this "ebay links" forum is a good idea. I quite fancied bidding for this if it stayed on the cheap side but now I have to bid against you guys too. Anybody else feel this way.

[quote name='largo' post='282454' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:11 AM']It's a CMD151P, you can tell with the carry handle on the top, and RRP is £1K+.
I'm still not sure this "ebay links" forum is a good idea. I quite fancied bidding for this if it stayed on the cheap side but now I have to bid against you guys too. Anybody else feel this way.[/quote]

on reflection the cab size certainly ties in with the 151p
You'd think he'd know if it had a 12 or 15 inch speaker ...

I like pointing out opportunities to my fellow bass players but I understand that can cause higher prices ...

[quote name='largo' post='282454' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:11 AM']It's a CMD151P, you can tell with the carry handle on the top, and RRP is £1K+.
I'm still not sure this "ebay links" forum is a good idea. I quite fancied bidding for this if it stayed on the cheap side but now I have to bid against you guys too. Anybody else feel this way.[/quote]
My bad. You're right - it is the 15 incher so his price is pretty much spot on.
I'm not bidding on it though- I already have a lurrrrvelly Markbass rig.
I see where you're coming from about this forum - The Lakland Darryl Jones that I thought had been flying under the radar has now been unmasked here. Bah! Then again it has alerted me to some absolute bargains (a 5 string for £15!) as well.

Certainly Do. I have lost interest in a number of items that were in the wrong catagories, and thus no bidding. As soon as the "heads up" appeared here, bidding starts in earnest.
I thought we were only putting BIN links on this part of the forum?

Just a thought, but the guy has zero feedback and appears to know absolutely nothing about what he actually owns. Possible scammer? I know he says pickup only, but he also says postage is possible - it wouldn't be the first time that a scammer has said pickup is possible and then turned round after the sale to say that it can only be posted. Like if your wife had just had twins maybe?

Anyway, as always buyer beware.

[quote name='Musky' post='282602' date='Sep 12 2008, 01:20 PM']Just a thought, but the guy has zero feedback and appears to know absolutely nothing about what he actually owns. Possible scammer? I know he says pickup only, but he also says postage is possible - it wouldn't be the first time that a scammer has said pickup is possible and then turned round after the sale to say that it can only be posted. Like if your wife had just had twins maybe?

Anyway, as always buyer beware.[/quote]

I have his email as he replied to me ... "selling for a friend"

[quote name='rayfw' post='282618' date='Sep 12 2008, 01:31 PM']Hmmm...[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

So the "I am selling because of twins on the way" and all the guff about him paying £1000 and gigging it is all bullshit. We're dealing with a known liar.

I'd avoid like the plague - certainly wouldn't pay before seeing it in the flesh, preferably with a burly mate in tow!