Why become a member? ×

New acoustic design

Roger2611

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nittaku-new-unused-acoustic-Table-Tennis-Blade-bat-Lovely-New-Blade-Un-boxed-/252189615784?hash=item3ab7ac26a8:g:Y9kAAOSwFnFV~F9h

Acoustic table tennis bats....whatever next!

I love the description on the blade.... "special plywood technology as manufacturing stringed instruments" because we all know how good plywood guitars are!

TBH I use a plywood bat...they are great for table tennis.....not sure I would want to sling a bridge and some strings on my bat and start gigging it though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of fakes going around of the "signing bat guitar" these days,but in they're time,there were quite a few models produced to my knowledge.
A book matched dimple burr rubber model (top and back were of 5A Dimple burr, very rare !)
A silent model ( which Yamaha didn't waste anytime in copying )
A fretless model - which this could well be.
But I really think this is one of the pre factory move models, the so called "ping pong" ( for some unknown reason) looks like someone's stripped off the original hardware and parted it out.
Also,Did you know this little known fact,They also made a six string cricket bat,but sold the patent to an American engineer.it had some sort of transposable tremolo on it
What a load of old tosh !!! And while you're at it,"make it out of carbon fibre why don't you !"
Oh well, time for my medication 😊