Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Accugroove Tri112L 3-way lightweight cab plus padded cover
£430

AxelF

Hi all,

The recent arrival of our first baby has prompted a thoroughly unjustified examination of exactly why there's so much bass stuff 'laying about the house....'

As a result one of my Accugroove Tri 112Ls is for sale - they really are incredible sounding cabs, with a 12" speaker a 6" speaker and two 3" speakers all individually ported which results in a great response across all frequencies.

I have two of these and originally planned to use both for live gigs, but to be honest there's never been any need for two - they kick out some great low end (handles my 5 string with ease) and some serious volume. These things really are the exception to the "you can only have two of loud/light/big low end in a cab".

Its 400RMS at 8 ohms so can be used alone or daisychained, has two Speakon/jack connectors and recessed handles. Forget all the nonsense about the 'Accu switch' - this was after that when they were just focussed on building amazingly built and amazing sounding cabs - all handmade in the USA.

One of the best things about this cab is it's ridiculously lightweight - I haven't got any scales but I think it comes in at about 31 or 32 pounds. I had an operation to fix a slipped disc a years ago and hunted for ages for a lightweight cab that could still put out great bottom end. Dimensions are 21" x 16.5" x 17" deep.

It's in great 'as new' condition - no rips in the carpet, or scratches/dings in the grill. Comes with the optional padded cover.

They retailed new for between £1100 and £1200, plus the cover - am looking for £430.

Based in Dartford, south London but can potentially get it to either the Leicester, Birmingham or Bristol areas for collection.

Any questions, please ask here or drop me a PM. Thanks for looking! :)

Dave

Edited by AxelF

Hey , very interested in the cab. Problem is I've never actually tried one before.

What is the sound like ? Coloured ?
Any problems with it at all ?
What is the 4ohm ratting ?

I use a barefaced cab "big baby 2(gen 3), I was thinking of paring the accu cab with my PJB m500 head or , genz benz streamlined 900.

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The recent arrival of our first baby has prompted a thoroughly unjustified examination of exactly why there's so much bass stuff 'laying about the house...." [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]that has to be one of the funniest comments I ever heard, and so rings true with me after our two arrived, shortly followed by are you out gigging again, you're never in......then a small bundle of notes arrived on the table.......then silence......[/font][/color]

I found the way round this! Got back to the UK after several years overseas.
No bass player band gigs anywhere, because MIDI backing tracks ruled the world at the time.
Explained to wife that I was going to buy a Roland all in one MIDI box, on the advice of my agent, for "only" £780 and that it would make its money back in a couple of months.
*gulp* - fortunately I was never on the receiving end of that "deaf and dumb breakfast " thing as it paid for itself in the first month and went on to make me a god living for several years. Still have it sitting around somewhere, in case I ever need to do another solo gig....

So the moral is, buy the kit but be prepared to justify how much you spent...
do that once and in my case she didnt quibble over anything I spent after that.... until I bought my self a cherry red ES335, which has only left the house once!

:D

Edited by ivansc