Why become a member? ×

Hello Bass Chat from an ex lurker

fumps

Hi everyone

I'm a wondering Bass player about to make the return back to the fold.

I used to play in various (Nothing special) bands dotted round Leeds,Wakefield areas of Yorkshire & just became annoyed fed up with the whole band process. Eventually just gave in altogether & hung the Bass up. :)

Been ducking & diving the whole "If i was to start up a new band would you join"? conversations for years. Now i feel that i have had the break & have decided to Buy a Bass & play once again.

I am starting from scratch & will be buying a new chunk of loveliness as soon as the fall out from moving house settles down. I've been out of the loop for a long long time so i have been trawling this site for info & possible tip & leads as to where & what to buy.

I hate Lurking so decided to say hello, how do & ya'll reet ....depending on where you are based yourselves.

I'm a Leeds based fella by the way.

Edited by fumps

Aye up fellas :)

Cheers for the welcome.

Am looking for a Bass in the for sale bit. So cheers for the heads up.
I would love an Acoustic Bass but not sure which way to go at the moment.
Been reading reviews & trying to work out a fair budget before i buy. (I always set a budget & stick to it).

The reason i need an acoustic is because i'm trying to avoid amplification of any type

....because amplification begats volume......begats joining bands.......begats having to work with singers.......begats brain ache.........begats stress.........Oh no And begats working with Guitar players...... :huh: