Why become a member? ×

Pimp My Bass - Cort Action Junior

DavidMcKay

Considered a Warwick Corvette short scale active at £510 - even though I don't like the body shape - then thought "Hold it. Go with what you already like and make it better."

I happen to love the shape and look of the Cort Action Junior 30" short scale, and at £156 from Amazon I had the foundation of a good instrument. I intend to take it to a good local luthier, but would appreciate some direction as to what I should be going for.

So - the question is "What would you do by way of improvements, pickups, strings, bridge and what not?"

What would you do to take this guitar to another level?

http://www.cortguitars.com/en/product/action-junior

[attachment=204746:Action-JuniorWS-hz.png]

Cheers,

David

I'd be looking at the Cort A5 and B5 for inspiration (I have both). They have hipshot bridges and tuners and both mine have had Nordstrand pickups (Fat Stacks in my A5, Big Singles in the B5) instead of the standard Korean Bartolini (you could change the pickup for a USA Bartolini if you didn't like Nordstrands. I use DR Sunbeam strings but they are just my preference. I understand that Cort make Ibanez basses so you could look at their parts on ebay if it's easier. They should fit. You'd be pretty much there I think if you did all that.