Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Elixir 4-String 14102 Nanoweb Nickel Plated Steel 50-105
£25

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#292929][b]*SOLD* Elixir 4-String 14102 Nanoweb Nickel-Plated Steel 50-105[/b][/color][/font]

Blurb:
'[color=#636466][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif][size=3]Elixir Nanoweb Bass strings are coated in a unique way to protect wound strings from all contaminants. A flexible, strong, yet micro-thin polymer tube defends the critical zone of tone from invading enemies. Nothing (including the coating) gets between the windings. Elixir strings with the original Nanoweb coating applied sound great 3 to 5 times longer than ordinary strings, have the bright tone & punch of non-coated strings & feel like traditional strings. After experiencing Elixir strings, it's hard to go back to the old way of life.'[/size][/font][/color]

That's all well and good and I do like the sound, punch and feel of these strings a lot, BUT (and you can call me mad if you like), I prefer my roundwounds to [i]lose [/i]some of their 'zing' after a couple of weeks and get down to the proper business of being boingy, yes, but mainly a bit kind of thumpy and chunky... and these Nanoweb do what they say on the tin, i.e. they're still very zingy after a week or two on my P-Bass.

Though they've been on a Fender headstock, they have NOT been cut and are entire... so I'm sure they would be good to go on a 2+2 headstock as well. These are getting on for forty quid new - I'm after just [b]£18 posted[/b].

So if you like your zing to last as long as possible, you wanted to give these a go but thought they were a little bit pricey, then now's your chance. Drop me a PM, transfer £18 into my bank account and I'll get these in the post to you ASAP.

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet