Why become a member? ×

Eminence Delta 15" LFA Extended XM (500w) - Question

FranticAct

Hi Folkes,

Do any of you guys have any knowledge about this driver, and would it be suitable as a standalone speaker in a cabinet?

I have a chance of bagging one for a good price but initially it would be used in isolation rather than an extension cab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

Edited by FranticAct

I take it you're referring to the 12" driver(?). It's got enough HF for most people but I'd describe its sound as 'warm'. It you want tweetery type top end, it hasn't got it. It's fine as a standalone speaker but you're not going to sound like Marcus Miller.

Hi all

I used to use one of these as my rig - I installed it in a cheapy old GK Backline cabinet. It was an eminence delta 15 LF 500w 4 ohm thing.

Worked brilliantly. Plenty of welly, loads of bass and a good all round sound. As someone else pointed out, you ain't gonna be Marcus Miller or Mark King with it, but I found it great as a single cabinet rig - warm, fat and smooth.

After the GK cabinet bit the dust I pulled the speaker out and put it on our bassbins, where it also sounds great.

Good speakers imho.