Why become a member? ×

Carvin DCM1000 power amplifier - 2 ohm-capable - SOLD
£100

stevie

This is my Carvin 1000W power amp. I've used it for bass and until recently for the band PA. A change of bands means it's no longer needed. £100, please.

It produces 350W per channel into 4ohms, 500W per channel into *2 ohms*, or 1000W bridged into 4 ohms. Inputs are balanced stereo jack or XLR. Speaker outs are Speakon, binding posts (bare wires if you like) and even jacks. Switchable limiters.

Dimensions 2U high x 19" wide x 10" deep. 26lbs / 11.8kg. Very high build quality and this one hasn't been used very much.

More information here: <http://www.manualslib.com/manual/395313/Carvin-Dcm1000.html>. The SKB case isn't included. More PA gear (equalisers, crossover, etc - and the bass preamp I used with this) over in the Musically Related Items section. Edited by stevie

I don't think Carvin has a reputation for poor reliability, do they? There's nothing on the web that indicates that is the case, and I know there are quite a few Basschatters happily using Carvin bass amps. I can only tell you that this amp has performed impeccably for me and is very well built. It has a very pro feel to it. There's a video on YouTube showing the interior if you'd like to check it out. I'd expect it to work for years without any issues.

The last power amp I had was a QSC 850, which wasmore expensive and didn't offer as much as the Carvin. Not only that, but it blew up on me. I was fortunate enough to sell it here on Basschat to an amp tech, who later told me the power transformer had failed. Yet QSC has a reputation for reliability.

I don't think the Red Eye combo was their finest hour, but that was quite a long time ago.

Thanks for that and sorry if I appeared to cast doubt on the quality of your amp. I guess once bitten twice shy sometimes. The tech I had look at mine reckoned that the cooling circuit was underpowered for the bridged mode capability but as you say maybe the 2x10 red eye combo wasn't their best........

I was thinking of teaming an Eden Navigator preamp with a power amp. I run into a purple chilli 800w 4 ohm cab.

Do you think the Carvin would suit the job?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...