Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ashdown Mag 300 head
£120

bassbiscuits

Hello all,

I'm finally getting round to selling my Ashdown Mag 300 head. Pics now added.

Its from 2007, so its not the current Evo II model. Black carpet covering rather than the newer vinyl.

Been gigged regularly and up until the last couple of years, when my Markbass LM3 head has taken over. It's been well-cared for, and kept in a pet and smoke free home. I've added four small rubber feet to the base of the case to stop it slipping too.

I bought this Ashdown new in 2007 as a back up to my ailing Peavey head which was playing up at the time, and was impressed enough that it became my main amp from there on.

It's actually very good, and really loud for the 307watt rating (regularly used it with a P bass and GK cab with a loud rock band and it always had plenty of juice left).

Been reliable the whole time. Cosmetically the only blemishes seem to be a few marks like fingerprint on the silver face and back panel, which I've tried to show in the pics.

I really can't kid myself that I'm going to use it anymore having acquired two Little Mark heads over the last few years, along with various other guitar and bass related stuff which has left me a bit short of cash!

That's the only reason I'm selling it.

Pricewise, I was thinking about £120 ono plus postage. I'm in Leicester and happy to post but I'll need to check the prices etc.

Edited by bassbiscuits

Hi scrumpymike

Yes you're exactly right - it's 300w into 4 ohms. Ive found that running it on about half full volume into a good cab gives plenty of volume for most gigs.

I'm not a quiet player at all (ask my piano player...!) but this particular amp has always had plenty of welly.

So yep, your two 8 ohm cabs will get full amount of juice out of this.