Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Markbass LM250 - original Italian made
£275

dodgnofski

**£250.00** + post?? or trade for a Markbass 801combo??

Due to my Gigging days very possibly being at an end :( - here is my Markbass LM250 watt Bass Amp, which is one of the original Italian built jobbies, before production was moved to the Far East.

The amp is in good used condition with just a few marks from normal use, apart from that there are no issues and everything works as it should :)

As explained to me by someone - unlike me, who knew what they were talking about - a 500w amp is not twice as loud as a 250w amp! In fact it would take a 2500w -ish amp to be 'twice' as loud as a 250w amp.

Therefore, the LM250 has more than half the volume of the LM500 jobbie and as dear old Marco himself says "the LM250 is almost as loud through a 4ohm load, as the LM500 is through an 8ohm load" :) and having owned and played through several of these since they first appeared - I can vouch for the amount of umph available - particularly at 4ohms :)

So to get the very best from this amp it is best to use either one 4ohm cab, or as I always did - use two 8ohm cabs, the beauty of which was that for small gigs and rehearsals I could just take one cab and then if it was a larger venue, I used both cabs to draw the full 250w from the amp - boomshanka :) !!...

Here are those specs we all love so much :) -

TECHNICAL SPECS
INPUTS

INPUT
impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp
BALANCED INPUT (XLR)
impedance 100 Khom, max. voltage 25 Vpp
EFFECT RETURN
impedance 22 Kohm, max. voltage 25 Vpp

CONTROLS

GAIN
-80 dB to +23 dB range
MASTER VOLUME
GROUND LIFT
switch on rear panel

EQUALIZATION

LOW
center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB
LOW MID
center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB
HIGH MID
center frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB
HIGH
center frequency: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB
VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter)
center frequency 380 Hz (cut)
VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator)
frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz (cut)

OUTPUT

LINE OUT
balanced XLR, max. voltage 10 Vpp
EFFECT SEND
unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
TUNER OUT
unbalanced, max. voltage 25 Vpp
SPEAKER OUT
speakon, 1/4"

OTHER

WEIGHT
5.73 lbs / 2.6 kg
DEPTH
10.1 in. / 25.6 cm
WIDTH
10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
HEIGHT
2.8 in. / 7.1 cm
OUTPUT POWER
150W RMS @ 8 ohm, 250W RMS @ 4 ohm
POWER REQUIREMENT
100/120V; 230V; 240V
50/60Hz

Please feel free to arrange a try out, there are no issues and the amp is in good used condition, or if you are too far away, I could post to the UK Mainland :)

Edited by dodgnofski

'tis true, they pack a mighty punch for their power rating - I used my first one a couple or three years ago through two 8ohm Yamaha 1 x 10's when standing in with a seven piece band - loud drummer, keyboards plus brass, etc and was asked if I could 'turn down a tad' :)!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...