Why become a member? ×

rickenbacker

craigjf1969

[quote name='craigjf1969' post='278140' date='Sep 5 2008, 07:24 PM']Hi folks,looking at a trc on the bay,but it is from a 360 guitar(project)...are the guitar covers the same size as the bass ones???...cheers[/quote]

If it's intended for the bass in your avatar - that isn't a Rickenbacker you have there. It is a 1970s Japanese copy. Try & remember that.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='278190' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:32 PM']If it's intended for the bass in your avatar - that isn't a Rickenbacker you have there. It is a 1970s Japanese copy. Try & remember that.

Jon.[/quote]

Sticking ric trc,s onto ric copies is so passe, Get jon here to make you a nice electra one.. (see his avatar)
:-)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='278190' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:32 PM']If it's intended for the bass in your avatar - that isn't a Rickenbacker you have there. It is a 1970s Japanese copy. Try & remember that.

Jon.[/quote]

Cheers Jon,i am fully aware of what i have,and do not want to fool myself or anyone else for that matter,in wanting my bass to look more pleasing to the eye!!

Having recently traded a 360 for a 4001 I think the bass TRC is longer - could be wrong though! Maybe Rickysounds could tell you?
Fairly sure the older Ricks had TRC's with painted logos on white perspex anyway, so you could probably do a tidy DIY one. 20+ years ago I used to have a no-name P-bass copy and did a "F*cker" logo in "Fender" script on the headstock - fooled everyone until they looked twice.... :)

[quote name='craigjf1969' post='278215' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:14 PM']Cheers Jon,i am fully aware of what i have,and do not want to fool myself or anyone else for that matter,in wanting my bass to look more pleasing to the eye!![/quote]
Don't waste your money on that piece of fake crap then! FYI these are knocked out by some pikey in Italy, most of the ones on Ebay these days are his fakes.

If your bass doesn't have a trc, make one out of a bit of black (to match the inlays) scratchplate material. For added authenticity, put "Electra Corsair" on it - that being what your bass is. You wouldn't - couldn't - fool anybody with that bass, Rickenbacker never, ever made a bass with a maple board & black inlays, never mind with those pickups. In my opinion it's a far more rare & unique bass than [i]any[/i] Rickenbacker - putting a fakey trc on it devalues it in that sense.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='278262' date='Sep 5 2008, 10:48 PM']Don't waste your money on that piece of fake crap then! FYI these are knocked out by some pikey in Italy, most of the ones on Ebay these days are his fakes.

If your bass doesn't have a trc, make one out of a bit of black (to match the inlays) scratchplate material. For added authenticity, put "Electra Corsair" on it - that being what your bass is. You wouldn't - couldn't - fool anybody with that bass, Rickenbacker never, ever made a bass with a maple board & black inlays, never mind with those pickups. In my opinion it's a far more rare & unique bass than [i]any[/i] Rickenbacker - putting a fakey trc on it devalues it in that sense.

J.[/quote]

You are, without a doubt, the shizzle when it comes to IDing jap copies!

If I posted some shots of my replibacker, would you be able to give me some info on it?

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='278308' date='Sep 5 2008, 11:55 PM']You are, without a doubt, the shizzle when it comes to IDing jap copies!

If I posted some shots of my replibacker, would you be able to give me some info on it?[/quote]

Could 'appen. :)

It'll cost you your immortal soul, though.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='278323' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:16 AM']Could 'appen. :)

It'll cost you your immortal soul, though.

J.[/quote]

aww! that's already gone to my mate Nick...said he'd give me the Robert Johnson Special, but i'm still waitin for somethin to happen...guess i might as well jus sit here and play the blues till then!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='278331' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:26 AM']aww! that's already gone to my mate Nick...[/quote]

Well I'm sure I can think of something else, eternity is a long time, and down here, our needs are many and colourful.

So why not revive the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21783"]Rampant Rickenbuggery[/url] thread with a few pics while I give alternative eternal torment a bit of creative thought?

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='278448' date='Sep 6 2008, 10:20 AM']a few pics while I give alternative eternal torment a bit of creative thought?[/quote]

Wilco Bravo Alpha,

After a predawn bombing run over those blasted gerrys I'll be back for kippers and cake, then I'll be free to take some damn good photographs of the aforementioned rickenbuggery (altho that does sound like something that really just isn't cricket!) and you can cast your knowledgeable eye over my prime example!

I do hope your fee isn't too extravagant!

Toodlepip!

Wing Commander Philtheington-Smythe-Bassist

MM SR5 of the HA5500 squadron