Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feeler: Jazz Bass Odds & Sods

Hey guys,
Just a quick feeler here to see if there's interest.
I've got quite a few bass bits I'd accumulated hoping to put together a parts cheapy beater Jazz Bass, but I just don't have the time or the inclination just now and they're cluttering up my flat.
I'm away on holiday from 12:00 pm tomorrow till the 15th, so I'll get pics and the likes up after then if anyone is interested...

So here's what I've got >>

[b][s]Black Vester Jazz Bass Body[/s] - SOLD[/b]
Fits standard 4 bolt neck joint
Standard Jazz Shape in every way
Some scratches, but nothing deep, 5/10 condition

[b][s]Maple on Maple P Bass Neck from Dangleberry Music[/s] - SOLD[/b]
Never used, no holes drilled
Tiny scratch on the headstock, 9.5/10 condition

[b][s]Vester Jazz Bass Rosewood on Maple Neck[/s] - SOLD[/b]
Used condition 5/10

[b][s]EMG Select Jazz Bass Pickups[/s] - SOLD[/b]
Older model with the italic style logo
Unused condition 10/10

[b][s]Gotoh 201 Bridg[/s]e - SOLD[/b]
In Gunmetal (almost black)
Unused condition 10/10

[b][s]Vester Bent Metal Plate Fender Rip Off Bridge[s] - SOLD[/b]
Chrome
Used condition 6/10

[b][s]4 in-line Wilkinson Cloverleaf Tuner[/s] - SOLD[/b]
Black
Unused condition 10/10

[b][s]4 in-line no-name Cloverleaf Tuner[/s]s - SOLD[/b]
Unused by me, but secondhand, 6/10

[b][s]Black String Tree[/s] - SOLD[/b]
Unused 10/10

[b][s]Vester Neck Plate and Screws[/s] - Destroyed[/b]
Chrome
1 screw a bit knackered
Used condition 6/10

Think that's about it.
My hope is that someone interested in building might take the job lot in one go.
Not sure of what it's all worth, was thinking maybe about £120 + P&P?
Obviously, it might be a big package, so pickup or meeting halfway with petrol costs might be more sensible, however, I did post a massive Trace Elliot amp using APC Overnight for a surprisingly low price last year.

I'd rather not split, as it's a load of stuff, but if there's no interest I might be persuaded.

If you want to get hold of me you've got till 12 tomorrow, failing that, I'll answer any questions etc. on the 15th.

Cheers,
Eude

Edited by eude

Some interest in some bits, but I'd still rather sell it all in one go if at all possible.
Like I said I'll be out of contact till the 15th, so if anyone posts or PMs I won't be able to get back to you till then.

If nobody is interested in the job lot by then, I'll sort it out with the folks who have been in touch so far.

Cheers,
Eude

• 3 weeks later...

Bulk of the stuff sold, thanks to those who got in touch and those who made purchases :)

Still got the EMG Select Jazz Bass Pickups and the Jazz Bass body to go.
I can sort out pics of these two items if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='WarPig' post='289568' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:19 PM']Hi Eude, any chance of posting some pics of the body please, mainly any marks, im always interested in a new project.

Maybe interested in the pickups too.[/quote]

Will do mate.
I'll get them done tomorrow night.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='WarPig' post='289568' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:19 PM']Hi Eude, any chance of posting some pics of the body please, mainly any marks, im always interested in a new project.

Maybe interested in the pickups too.[/quote]

Hey man,
tried to take some pics of the bass body but not had any joy.
I'm not in the flat during day light this week, so I can't get any decent photos, not enough light to shoot without a flash and if you do you just get glare back from the gloss black finish.
I've given it a good once over and there's very minimal damage to the front at all, bar a few very light scratches and a tiny ding near the bottom strap button.
There's some bigger scratches on the back, but none are through the paint.
I'll try and get some photos out door over the weekend, if that's cool.
Run into a slight problem though, you may have noticed I've stated the screws from the neck plate is knackered, well, I've managed to get it stuck in the body with the black headstocked neck I bought from you a wee while ago on it.
I'm going to speak to some of the DIY experts at work, to see what I can do about it, I'd happily bung the neck in too fro free if it's something you can deal with yourself of course.

The pickups are basically new, they even still have the sticky plastic on them, I can get picks of them over the weekend too though.

Sorry about the delays... :)

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='lateralus462' post='290818' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:16 PM']If the Jazz body's still available I might be interested.[/quote]

Hey man,
Warpig has first dibs on the body, I need to get some proper pics of it first too, which should happen this weekend.
If he doesn't want it though, you're next in line.
Hope that's cool...

Eude