Why become a member? ×

NPD - Mr Black Eterna Gold

Bottle

Got my hands on one of these today. Can't wait to stick it on the FX board and give it a whirl. Sounded really good using a Fender Mex Jazz, so we shall see if it stacks up OK with the Ibby. I'm expecting it to be good through my valve amp for the shimmery stuff.

The reverb tail is extraordinarily long and the octave-up shimmer just shines. Tracks well on a bass down to G/F# territory and does OK with the open E

Such fun!

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1442185088' post='2865042']
excellent! I've been tempted by one of those, they do sounds great in demos :-)
[/quote]
Yes, I've been blown away by the demos too (admittedly, they've nearly all been by our six-string cousins). There's a few on YT which are pretty good and in-depth

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1442185388' post='2865047']
I've been using my blue Eterna for a couple of years now, I love it!! :)
Good purchase!

Si
[/quote]
Cheers Si

I don't know how well the blue compares with the gold as the reverb architecture has been re-done from the ground up, but it would be cool to A/B them.

In my FX set-up I'm low-passing the clean signal and amplifying that separately so that only the high end gets treated by the chorus, reverb and delay chain.

FX chain is now Bass > X-Over > Hi-pass > JOYO Ultimate Drive > Big Muff Pi > CEB-3 Chorus (stereo out) > Eterna (one side only) > Delay (stereo in/out) > Amp(s)

Ian

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1442847101' post='2869950']
nice! btw, which X-over do you use - SFX X&M, or something else?
[/quote]
It's all racked up - I use a Behringer two-channel rack comp feeding either side of a Pro-Sound (Maplin) X-over, then the low-summed output goes into a Pro-Sound power amp. The hi-passed signal is balanced and sent to my FX board via a Palmer D'Accapo re-amp box (reverse Di thingy)