Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR506 for under £200 SOLD
£195

adamg67

I am reluctantly selling my Ibanez SR506, I love the way it plays but I've got a BTB456 as well and 2 Ibanez 6 stringers is a bit unnecessary.

I bought this bass second hand after seeing and playing it, and it has obviously been played a lot, there is a good bit of cosmetic wear & tear. I didn't mind this when I bought it, and it's nice how many people agree that it looks good, it just looks like it's been used.

It's in good working order, electronics A OK, machine heads nice and smooth and everything working, and as anyone who's had one of these will know the neck is just excelllent, it's a really playable bass. It's all set up and has a new set or Rotosound medium / light strings, medium at the bottom end so the B is nice and tight and light at the top for noodling. :)

I'm not sure what year it is, but it has the frequency selector for the mid on the EQ so not an early one.

There's no shortage of info and reviews out there for these basses, and I'm sure plenty of people know exactly what they're like anyway, renowned for the neck and how they play, and quite lightweight as well which a lot of people like.

All the details for this are the same as the current ones: [url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eb_page15.php?year=2015&cat_id=2&series_id=51&data_id=81&color=CL01"]http://www.ibanez.co...d=81&color=CL01[/url]

I've taken some pics, but as it's well used it needs a good description of the condition. The finish has worn off the body in several places, that's pretty clear on the pics and these basses are known for doing this, it's that waxy finish they use, you see some with tape on them to stop it happening. Above the pups the wood is actually worn away slightly as well. There are a few marks on the back as well, and the Ibanez logo and model are worn off the headstock (they actually look like someone has rubbed them off). The finish on the machine heads and bridge is worn as well, the photos are maybe a bit flattering in both cases. The finish on the knobs is fine.

There is some wear to the frets at the bottom end, I've tried to get pics but they havn't come out really. It's minor, I thought maybe it wanted the frets dressing but once I set it up I found it made no difference so never bothered.

Looking for £195, which I think should allow for the cosmetic stuff pretty well.

I would really like anyone buying this bass to have a good look and a play before they buy, location is BD20, I'm also going to be in Manchester a few times in the next few weeks (not until the 24th though), and work over Halifax way.

A few pics (just click for larger images):

[attachment=200518:506-1.JPG]

[attachment=200519:506-2.jpg]

[attachment=200520:506-3.jpg]

[attachment=200521:506-4.jpg]

[attachment=200522:506-5.jpg]

[attachment=200523:506-6.jpg]

[attachment=200524:506-7.jpg]

[attachment=200525:506-8.jpg]

Edited by adamg67

I think that all that wear must mean it's been well used . . . . Which must mean someone liked it enough to play it endlessly . . . .which means it's probably a really good bass! Not a six stringer type myself but if I lived closer I'd deffo consider this for something different!

[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1442044590' post='2863963']
I think that all that wear must mean it's been well used . . . . Which must mean someone liked it enough to play it endlessly . . . .which means it's probably a really good bass!
[/quote]

I like your thinking :) From what I could gather, it was used semi-professionally for a busy covers band.

I can't find the video where the guy had gaffer tape on his SR body, but it was in exactly the same places that the wear is on this one. Must be a very different playing style to me, my hand doesn't even touch the body on my bass.