Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Midget Gen 3 - Oh Lordy!! - **SOLD**
£475

dodgnofski

I'm sorry to say that I have finally cracked under the 'advice' from the current Kitchen Viper that as my 'regular' gigging days are all behind me - Satan!! I no longer need the trouser flapping, window shaking volume levels that eminates from this wee beastie :(!!

Having tried almost everything, umpteen times over during the past forty odd years, I can honestly say, in my humble opinion of course and without fear of contraception :) This is the smallest, lightest, loudest & tonally pleasing cab I've ever had the pleasure of playing through, let alone be lucky enough to 'own'!!

Shrinking the boundaries of bass cabs:

The Super Midget builds upon the legacy of the original Midget "the smallest cab ever that can hang with a rock drummer" by adding bigger bottom, better dispersion, better tone and improved portability. Noticeably better at amplifying acoustic instruments like double bass whilst able to bring more depth and fatness to the lows on loud gigs. Half the weight but twice the output of the most popular 1x12" cab on the market.

What else do you need to know?

It's a tiny lightweight 1x12" with fully adjustable high quality tweeter
It'll play loud with as little as 150W, it'll handle 600W amps without sweating
If you add a second then the mini-stack will sound huge but for most gigs you'll only actually need one

Who is this for?

Ideal for the working bassist who doubles on electric and upright and gigs in loads of different bands. Any bassist who wants to hear the true tone of their bass and amp but needs the smallest possible bass cab. Bassists looking for a more powerful and better sounding yet very compact replacement for a high quality 2x10", 1x15" or 1x12" cab or combo, especially if they like tweeters or prefer fresh roundwound strings. 5-string players who are tired of small cabs just not handling the low B.

DIMENSIONS

17.5" high x 16.5" wide x 11" deep
45cm x 42cm x 28cm
WEIGHT
10.5 kg / 23 lbs (steel grill)
9.5 kg / 21 lbs (cloth grill)

PISTONIC SENSITIVITY
97dB - only fractionally less than our very loud 1x15" Compact
USABLE FREQUENCY RANGE
37Hz - 20kHz

RECOMMENDED AMP POWER
200-600W RMS
MAX CONTINUOUS BROADBAND SPL
127dB - louder than the best 2x10"s
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE
8 ohms

This has the optional extra Retro, Silver Grill for extra coooool & comes complete with a Roqsolid cover, which has the optional extra 'gusset' to keep it in place.

The cab is in as minty condition as possible, (as is the cover apart from a smidge of fraying at the bottom) & is in perfect working order, with no issues.

Cash on collection would be good - so that the buyer can give it a good try out before parting with their 'hard earned' - But I can post to UK Mainland - at cost if you are too far away - payment via Bank Transfer please.

Go on, treat yourself and save around £200 on a new one with the extras - plus no 'wait time' :)!!

Edited by dodgnofski