Why become a member? ×

Have I just wasted my evening?

WalMan

Well I enjoyed myself, but I think I may well p155 off certain of the old band with the remix.

This song was the final track on a cassette album we produced in 1989. 'Fraid there's no bass on this particular track, just acoustic + vocals, but having got the tapes cooked & copied to digital I have been messing around with stuff.

So tonight I took off the acoustics (as far as possible - there was a bit of bleed on the vocal mic as it was done live as the last thing) and added a string quartet.

The file below is a crossfade halfway through between the two versions. The strings still need a bit of tweaking for light & shade, & to pull into time.

So, if you can spare 3.09 mins to give this a listen & give thoughts, well that'd be nice

[attachment=12869:AKOF___D...rossfade.mp3]

Not sure what will be done with these tracks if we ever get a remix that everyone likes, but its keeping me happy & away from the TV most evenings, so that's a plus. And I'm don't intend putting stuff up to the old band MySpace just yet for fear of a duffing at r/h tomorrow :) There are some old tracks with bass there, including a live version of this song - [url="http://www.myspace.com/akindoffury"]A Kind Of Fury[/url]

Edited by WalMan

Cheers Mert.

It was an experiment and listening back after a couple of days I can hear things that need changing. Perhaps it one for the "Extras" on the remastered re release :)

Discs are whizzing round the world and rough mixes being hosted for consideration. What will happen to it all in the end.......who knows!

Edited by WalMan