Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB3000 v BB3000s string spacing.

2elliot

Can you tell me, is the string spacing on the BB3000s tighter than on the BB3000?

I have a BB3000, it's a fantastic bass but after pulling my Warwick Thumb out of hibernation yesterday and giving it a spin. I found it so much easier to play than the Yamaha.

I think maybe it's the string spacing or width of the pickup making my plucking hand position incorrect or uncomfortable...

Any ideas?.. I don't really want to get rid of the Yammy if I could tweak it somehow to suit my playing I'd be more than happy.

Cheers

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1433448590' post='2791234']
Wow, what a stroke of luck. A 2024x is still on my hit list, but for now my early 80s BB3000 fills that void perfectly. In fact, I havent used my Warwick Thumb for nearly a year.
[/quote] to put it into context.... it's been ok for 12 months or so... !
I've got a thumb from 1985 and a BB1200 from 1977 and they are chalk and cheese in sound and in playing position.... and life is better for having both.

Edited by LukeFRC

• 4 years later...

Hello, does anyone here know if the BB3000S inlays are real mother of pearl, or imitation plastic, or some other material.

I am trying to get one sent to me from USA, but because it is valued over $250USD, and they are saying the m.o.p. is real, it's being held up until the seller fills out some paperwork, which he is reluctant to do.

If you do know either way, does anyone have a copy of a brochure or manual that I could see?