Why become a member? ×

sample triggers - easy options help ?

dmccombe7

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1438758789' post='2836885']
sorry i didnt read any of the previous comments so not sure if this way has already been mentioned

but in my old band we used a digitech jamman stereo (direct to PA) to play the samples, was easy to save them on (real time play in/loop or save file via PC) and with the bank up/down buttons i could change the samples and still play bass.

[/quote]

Just ordered one on-line at £109 new with free gift of pair drumsticks (bribe to the drummer)
Thanks for the advice and help with this
Much appreciated.

Dave

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1439421536' post='2842833']
Have fun! Another thing I've done is plug a mic in and let my kids record themselves and little loops on it. They love hearing themselves back and layering up daft sounds.

I may drop 'Twinkle Twinkle' in at a gig one day :D
[/quote]

Thankfully i don't have kids but the cats might make an interesting choir especially with me in lead meows :D
Dave

Digitech Jamman arrived Fri, Spent Sat afternoon playing around with it and its exactly what i was looking for. Loaded up a few of the items to trigger and will test with full band next reahearsal.
Quality of playback is pretty good too.
It's well made and pretty easy to get things moving even without the manual altho did need to use it when i wanted to delete a stored file.
Can be set up as a single play or on a loop.
You can stop the sample instantly or on its own when single loop complete or you can fade by hitting stop once and it fades out, hit stop again and it stops completely.
Each loop seems to be set up individually ie instant stop or fade out.
Having good fun with it jamming along with drum tracks too and just being bass daft with loads of bass played over each other. I know its daft but does make for some weird bass lines :lol:

Did think the software was a bit basic. Can't seem to do a lot with it on PC ie arranging files and resending back to unit but maybe i'm missing something. It would have been good to be able to record back onto PC and edit the recording and then feedback to Jamman unit but looks like that's not possible. That's the only -ve i have so far and its a minor one at this stage.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GUYS - as always BC'ers are on hand to help guide us through the world of Bass Geekdom :D :rolleyes: :D

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7