Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Jazz Bass - *Closed*
£540

Woodinblack

For sale £540

The only reason for selling this is that I now have too many basses, and the justification for buying my new ACG is that I would shift something out, and although this is my main regular gigging basses, its the only one that can go that is worth selling!

The previous owner replaced the pickguard with a mirror one, and although I intended to switch it back, it turned out it caught the light well at gigs so I left it in. I never got the original.

Since I got it I replaced the volume know with S1 switching, as I had tried that on another Jazz bass and it turned it was a very worthwhile addition. It is a genuine fender S1 switch that I had to get from the states, as for some reason they seem awkward to get here.

Also this has a Hipshot X-Tender which knocks the string to a D, reliably with no fuss and holds that tune.

I also replaced the nut as the previous one had been filed down so much it actually buzzed at all frets. Action is nice and low

All is working, there are signs of age around, even though it is 2012, but no major holes or dents. Nothing I can photograph.

No trades as I need the money to justify the ACG, and I don't need any more basses!

Can ship if required, comes in a fender gig bag.

Oh comes with the original tuner, and I can split the hipshot off and put the original on if you don't want it and take £45 off, and then sell the hipshot separately.

Obviously feel free to hit me with any offers that aren't too ridiculous, bearing in mind I like this bass and I am just selling for justfication reasons!

Edited by Woodinblack

Thanks!

BTW, I added in the tags up the top that it was mexican, but everyone has asked so I guess noone sees those (I must admit, I don't think i do either), so for clarity

It is 2012, so it is Mexican and has the badass II bridge. I think the Japanese ones stopped in late 2010 or early 2011.

Edited by Woodinblack

• 2 weeks later...