Why become a member? ×

BagEnd 1000W Minima One Poweramp *SOLD*
£275

jay-syncro

I recently purchased the BagEnd Minima One here, as I'm stickler for a project.

Here's the link to the original listing: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/259870-sold-bagend-minima-one-1000w-3kg-poweramp-l200/

As you'll notice, the seller greatly reduced the price due to a ''sli[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]ght low level hiss / intermittent static crackle noise, not always noticeable and probably not at all at moderate to high volume''. When I received the amp, I took it straight to work and handed it to one of our electrical engineers who proceeded to give the amp a once over. He cleaned all the electrical connections using switch cleaner, and fitted a Speakon socket that I had purchased in order to enable convenient connection to a cab. I then sourced a suitable aluminium box and modified it to allow the Minima One power amp to be bolted to a frame inside, and the control panel fixed to the front. [/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]A great feature of this amp is that it's possible to change its output power with a set of internal jumpers. I assume this is because BagEnd use it in there high end PA cabs as well as there bass cab line. The settings are marked A, B, C and D. A = 500W, B 750W, C = 1000W and D is a custom setting. The amp is currently set at C, naturally, but can be changed back in a flash if your cabs can't handle it. [/color][/font]

I took the Minima one along to a rehearsal, and in conjunction with my Sadowsky, Aguilar preamp and Barefaced cab, it sounded great. Punchy and full with effortless headroom, and no trace of the 'low level hiss'. I've since used it on two gigs with he same setup, one with a function band and one with a rock band. With minor eq tweaks, I was able to achieve a great tone on both gigs and even received a complement on my tone from the guitarist on the rock gig, and I'm sure we all know how often that happens :rolleyes:

To summarise, it's a great poweramp built in the USA by one of the best names in the business. It's versatile, extremely powerful and in a rather tasteful aluminium box :D

p.s, no mods were made to the amp in order to secure it to the box, so it can be removed and used for other applications if required.

I'd like to keep the amp, but an incoming 'project' forces me to free up some space/project money.

I'm after £275 for the amp, collection from Margate or can post if required.

Edited by jay-syncro

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1437978989' post='2830405']
Could this be put back to its original state as a plate amp?
[/quote]

Absolutely, I've just used the existing mounting holes to fix it to the box. I could remove it and return it to standard if preferred.