Why become a member? ×

MEC 3 band Preamp inc pots and knobs

I've just removed this from my fretless Streamer as I am very much a simple 2 band kind of guy (fitted an Aguilar OBP1). Works perfectly and is complete with the pots and knobs. It isn't a major job to fit it as all of the pots are already soldered to the wiring etc it's just a case of soldering to the output and soldering your pick-up wires to the pots. There are schematic diagrams on the Warwick site and I've some digi-photos I took just in case I had problems (which I didn't). Alternatively a tech can do this job in an hour or two.

Someone does have first refusal on this but if they don't get back to me by the end of the weekend just shoot me an offer. These are 200+euro from Warwick

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='andy b' post='273311' date='Aug 30 2008, 07:33 PM']Hello,

will these fit my streamer stage 1 ?
also what does the stacked pot do, is it a mid feq sweep with a cut and boost?
will it give much more over the standard 2 band?

thanks
Andy

p.s. the black streamer 2 is still cool :huh:)[/quote]

Hi Andy.

First off I'm pleased you are still digging the black Streamer (and my memory not being what it was, I now know where that one went :) )

The pre will fit any Streamer; it came out of a Stage I Streamer even though it wouldn't have been in there originally.

The controls are stacked volume and pan, bass, treble and mid. The frequencies will no doubt be available on the Warwick site (it is the same 3 band preamp they fit in the basses now). As for what it will give over the 2 band... not being funny but it will give you mid cut and boost :huh:

I'm a simple kind of guy and I generally play with my bass and treble up full and then just use the pan pot and the EQ on the amp, so essentially I am giving myself a mid scoop. With the mid control I'd have more scope for control but truth be told less is more for me!

I have some interest but nothing concrete at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...