Why become a member? ×

Mixing Barefaced with Markbass

GCYPbass

I have Barefaced Compact cab 15 inch (not super compact) and I have a chance to get Markbass 102HF 2X10 for good price from a friend. So I am wondering if anybody ever mixed the two. I am curious to know about the sound.

Thanks

GC

I'm guessing that most bass players that want (and can afford) either MB or BF cabs, and use more than one, tend to stick to one or the other brand.

that's not to say that they won't sound good together mind! I tried a BF Compact (the gen 2 version with the 15" speaker) with a TKS H115 and it sounded bloody great! B)

Is the Markbass cab 8 ohm or 4?

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1436535192' post='2818968']
I'm guessing that most bass players that want (and can afford) either MB or BF cabs, and use more than one, tend to stick to one or the other brand.
[/quote]
I too prefer to stick with one brand (Barefaced preferably) but I cannot afford a new one at the moment. It is also very hard to convince the seller to post the cab to where I live now when I find used one here.

Is the Markbass cab 8 ohm or 4?
[/quote]
The markbass cab is 8 ohm. I still have plenty of room for more cabs as my head goes down to 2 ohm.

that's not to say that they won't sound good together mind! I tried a BF Compact (the gen 2 version with the 15" speaker) with a TKS H115 and it sounded bloody great! B)
[/quote] I was checking TKS cabs at some point. They look good. How do you compare them to Barefaced?

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1436535329' post='2818973']
I put a Bergantino AE210 and Gen1 Compact together.

At front room levels it sounded very, very good.

Call Alex and ask him.
[/quote] Of course it depends on the brand but at least I know that the Compact works well with some 210 cabs. :)