Why become a member? ×

Redsub BE100

badboy1984

Did a gig last Friday night in a hotel where the venue is pretty big. I would say medium size.

I know my bass will be DI to the PA so instead of just relying on the monitor for the bass I took my Redsub BE100 with me.

The combo is 100watt going into a 10inch speaker. I had it tilted up and send the lineout of the amp to the PA.

The small amp hold well onstage for monitor and the PA took care of the business.

It really convince me the idea to sell all my amp stuff and go for the Markbass CMD112 instead now.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1436174915' post='2815501']
Did a gig last Friday night in a hotel where the venue is pretty big. I would say medium size.

I know my bass will be DI to the PA so instead of just relying on the monitor for the bass I took my Redsub BE100 with me.

The combo is 100watt going into a 10inch speaker. I had it tilted up and send the lineout of the amp to the PA.

The small amp hold well onstage for monitor and the PA took care of the business.

It really convince me the idea to sell all my amp stuff and go for the Markbass CMD112 instead now.
[/quote]

I believe those ones are based on the Ibanez Promethean P5110 combo copy they did, just with a smaller power section.
I loved my little Promethean, and still regret moving it on. I had to opportunity to try out Neepheid's RedSub version and it was just as good, if a little uglier ;)
No wonder your little BE100 did well, it's probably a VERY good little combo.

Eude

It was better then I expected. I originally bought it for home practice and maybe band practice in a living room etc.

I must say it doesn't look too good but it does everything I wanted for a small amp. Build quality is ok but i think the ibanez is better. Then again I've own small ampeg combo before and their build quality is nit fantastic either.

The combo is not gonna blow bass out front on it's own but it does well as stage monitor while the PA took care of business out front.

For £160 is not bad to be honest.

I played a gig in the Spiegeltent with my little Promethean, intended to use it for on stage monitoring and I was told to turn down as it was so loud that it was interfering with the front of house! :yarr:

Eude