Why become a member? ×

cabs...

andy67

afternoon folks

I have a little problem..and the missus will concur! anyway both my amp heads, trace v4 all valve and svt 3pro, are 4 ohms min load and as of today I have parted with my Ashdown mag 810 in order to buy a second ampeg b410 hlf. I love the sound from these cabs, both cabs are 4 ohms and wired in parallel, can I daisy chain them connecting them to one amp or will I have to rewire them in series form? I want to run them as if they where an 8x10, only alittle easier to carry around!

this is where my technical ability falls on its erse!

ta for noo

andy

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='28360' date='Jul 7 2007, 06:17 PM']Er - No. You can only one run cab or two in series. There is a sticky that explains all about impedence.[/quote]

Er - Yes / No. If you daisy chain them you will end up with 2 ohms impedance. You can run both cabs if you use a series cable or rewire them to series. If you PM OBBM and ask him to make up a series cable you will be sorted. IMHO much easier than messing with your cabs.

Hamster

Edited by Hamster