Why become a member? ×

Anyone using a Gigrig Timelord?

Lebowsky

Thought UKers might be prone to be using Gigrig stuff :)

Any of you using the Timelord to isolate a pedal from a daisy chain? Does it work with a 1spot or is it only made to be used with the rest of the Gigrig system?

(I wrote them a couple of days ago but no reply yet)

I have an evenflo and a doubler (though i use with gigrig system) . They should work seperatly from the rest of the gigrig system. What current is the pedal your trying to power? if its 150ma or lower, for the same price you could just use [url="http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/Isolator.html#SID=24"]gigrigs isolator[/url]. the only difference between them AFAIK is that the isolator has 4 outputs at 150ma, and the timeloard has 1 output at higher current. They both take a boss type 9v input, and on my board are both powered by the distributor (gigrigs fancy daisy chain) that is also connected to my polytune.

oh sorry, should have been more precise. I want to use a 1-spot to power the new Bass Whammy along with 2 other analog pedals. The Bass Whammy is 250ma, so the Gigrig or Diago Isolators are not powerful enough. There will be two other analog pedals in the 1-spot daisy chain (a bypass looper and a Fuzzrocious Rat Tail). I've read too many reviews that the Bass Whammy gets noisy in some cases when daisy chained, so the Timelord seems like the only option. A full power supply with isolated output just for those 3 pedals is overkill as I already have a 1spot. Unfortunately no room to use both the 1spot for the two analog pedals and the dedicated Bass Whammy PSU together.

Edited by Lebowsky

Okay, your best bet is the timeloard then. I wasnt suggesting getting the full system if you dont need it, just that if the pedal was =<150ma then you could use the gigrigs isolator with the 1spot. That way you could isolate 4 pedals, but as you need more current than that the timelard is best.

If i didnt need such a high current for all my pedals i would probably run a 1spot and daisy chain together gigrig isolators/adapters. Seams a better rout than a t-rex or something cause you can always then expand into a full gigrig system if you gather too many pedals for the 1spot.

• 4 weeks later...

so, just a small update on this. I changed my mind (well not really, but I didn't plan big enough :)), and I needed to power only the Whammy + Blower Box. I tried to run the voodoo lab output splitter (last one [url="http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_33&osCsid=orpa9lkhou99sjcfrc63l80m74"]here[/url]) out of the 1-spot, but I guess the gound lift cable and Timelord don't work well together, because the Blower Box wouldn't light up. I then tried with a standard daisy chain cables with 4 outputs and it worked fine. So now I ordered [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luxury-2-Way-Daisy-Chain-with-Small-Right-Angled-Plugs-for-Guitar-Effect-Pedals-/221555849002"]this[/url], because I don't really want to have those loose DC outputs...