Why become a member? ×

Views on the Eden 180w series (EC28, EC210, EC15)?

goonieman

I bought an Eden EC28 for a song on ebay recently - and am enjoying it immensely.

I was wondering why there is so little traffic or discussion on these? Anyone else have one?

http://www.edenamps.com/products/eseries/combos/EC28.html

The 180W series have the same amp for the 2x10, 1x15 and 2x8, and they have sweepable mids. That sweep allows enormously flexibility in finding the growling sweetspot for my stingray. It has all the usual attributes, inc. 3.5mm input, headphones etc.

I don't really know what an eden 'sound' is (although I do love the rounded, punchy and even growly nature of this - especially with headphones as I can't crank it in the apartment. The built-in compressor helps!)

Are these true to their namesake?

I've posted about this in another thread recently but I also bought a EC28 very cheaply a few months back. I wanted a combo for a handy lift to rehearsals.

I could have bought the 210 or 115 for the same price but chose the EC28 as I have bigger rigs for gigging.

At the first rehearsal I was slightly disappointed but as the speakers loosened up the sound started to bloom and get louder. I really like the tone and the volume is fine for rehearsals and maybe a small pub gig although I haven't gigged it yet.

So yes, I like this combo. I said in the other thread that I don't think it's worth the normal £439 but at less than £200 delivered it's an absolute bargain.

Frank.

Yeah, the reason I bought it was for practice use - but then could always plug in a 2x10 or 15 if need for extra girth.

The best thing about the EC28 is how compact it is. Same size as most practice amps (a touch wider) - but with all that backup tone and headroom.

However, does it SOUND like an eden? I have no idea.

I'm loving the 'enhance' control though - it really adds a hi-fi element and great for slap tones.