Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Recording for youtube

danthewelshy

Hi there

Basically i like doing youtube videos of my playing bass to some songs, i normally plug directly via the line-in & with video capture software record my stero mix. By doing this i seem to limit myself to how loud i can turn my bass up(active) & its all round quality.

So can anyone suggest some ways that i can improve my sound quailty with out getting distorted.

First of i feel its worth mentioning that i have a zoom b2.1u with im told has useful features for the computor but it just confuses me so if it will help can some one explain exactly what i have to do.

If it won't help what can i buy for a reasonable price to help improve my all round sound quality of the bass?

thanks

I was messing around with my audio/video rig setup and i found that the best way to record was to arrange your amp/cab BEHIND the microphone/cam (The microphone/cam being faced opposite of the amp cab). This way you get a good clear sound, you can hear it properly whilst playing and you get a better sound in the video, rather than using the line-in (I used to use it w/ my zoom B2). But if you like you can just put it aside you, but facing away from the cam

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='danthewelshy' post='267893' date='Aug 22 2008, 02:50 PM']Hi there

Basically i like doing youtube videos of my playing bass to some songs, i normally plug directly via the line-in & with video capture software record my stero mix. By doing this i seem to limit myself to how loud i can turn my bass up(active) & its all round quality.

So can anyone suggest some ways that i can improve my sound quailty with out getting distorted.

First of i feel its worth mentioning that i have a zoom b2.1u with im told has useful features for the computor but it just confuses me so if it will help can some one explain exactly what i have to do.

If it won't help what can i buy for a reasonable price to help improve my all round sound quality of the bass?

thanks[/quote]

Try using the DI out of your amp, and it would be best to get a good soundcard, though I'm sure the zoom will be fine. It very hard to record bass without really good and specific microphones,
stu