Why become a member? ×

Good cheap octave pedal

MarkG3

[quote name='Mark_88MPH' timestamp='1431189399' post='2768655']

Bass into Micro Pog, then a lead from the effect only split to two, one goes to the EQ pedal and the other say to the big muff then another 2-1 splitter?
[/quote]#

I use a digitech BSW for an octaver, but I send the 'effected signal' to a Boss LS2 keeping the octave seperate to all the other effects. Therefore my dry signal never gets touched and the octave down is absolutely clean. Although it means I need two pedals to get the one sound, I think it does it brilliantly, and nothing else Ii;ve tried gets close to the definition. Its huge when I kick in fuzz. It also gives a ew other synthy/filtery options without losing a solid clean signal.

Micro pog is great for the octave up but weak on the octave low.. I feel a decent octave sound is hard to find and worth spending a bit of money on. I love boss oc2 pedals but get much more joy from my mxr bass deluxe octave in a live situation. The mxr is on the pedal board but I will never sell the boss!