Why become a member? ×

NAD & NCD!

dieseldalziel

I have just paired up the GK MB200 with a Markbass 102P cab...not had a huge amount of playing time but wow the sound from such a light weight combination is awesome! I jumped on the scales with the cab & it came up as 12.8 KG! Here are some photos...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daddalziel/sets/72157651643403198/

I've played exactly the same pairing a few times recently, and I'm really impressed, albeit that I don't have a huge amount of experience to draw from for comparisons. I struggled with the eq for a while as it seemed to be very bass heavy, but ultimately stumbled on the same settings that I later read in a thread on Talk Bass are supposed to represent a true "flat" eq on the GK - 10:00, 13:00, 14:00 and 10:00 going from Bass to Treble.

I'm really happy with the tone I got from my precision, although I struggled a bit with my Jazz, which I found was a bit boomy around the low A up to the next E, particularly when played on the E string. Having said that, I only tried the Jazz for a short time, and it was on a wooden stage which I don't think was helping. I was quite shocked at the amount of vibration coming through the floor from the low notes.

My 102P cab also weighs just under 13Kg according to my scales, which is great for a one-trip-from-the-car situation.

[quote name='Gottastopbuyinggear' timestamp='1429533121' post='2752295']
I've played exactly the same pairing a few times recently, and I'm really impressed, albeit that I don't have a huge amount of experience to draw from for comparisons. I struggled with the eq for a while as it seemed to be very bass heavy, but ultimately stumbled on the same settings that I later read in a thread on Talk Bass are supposed to represent a true "flat" eq on the GK - 10:00, 13:00, 14:00 and 10:00 going from Bass to Treble.

I'm really happy with the tone I got from my precision, although I struggled a bit with my Jazz, which I found was a bit boomy around the low A up to the next E, particularly when played on the E string. Having said that, I only tried the Jazz for a short time, and it was on a wooden stage which I don't think was helping. I was quite shocked at the amount of vibration coming through the floor from the low notes.

My 102P cab also weighs just under 13Kg according to my scales, which is great for a one-trip-from-the-car situation.
[/quote]

Yeah I came across that EQ thread also & it's a good jump off point..I'm finding it to be a very clean amp so am toying with getting a Darkglass Vintage Microtudes pedal for some gritty warmth. I jogged up the stairs with the cab to weigh it got back down stairs & realised what I had just done! Crazy low weight!