Why become a member? ×

Price Drop - Ibanez Prestige SR3006e Bass - Trades considered
£695

Japow

Hi folks, I'm selling my Prestige SR3006, which I bought new in the USA in 2005. Made in Japan, this bass is beautifully crafted and the following specs makes it a joy to play:

Mahogany body, finished with oil
5Pc Wenge-Bubinga neck
Rosewood Fretboard
Narrow string spacing
9.6lbs (by my luggage scale)
Abalone Inlays
Ibanez Monorail Bridge
Black Hardware
Bartolini Pickups
Ibanez 3 band EQ with sweepable mid

This bass plays superbly and is strung with a set of Elixir Nano-Web strings for a lovely warm tone. The bass has always been set up by Chris McIntyre. I've just had the electronics serviced by Sam Walker at Gibson Guitars in London so there are no issues.

There is some finger rash above one of the pickups and there are some marks on the underside of the body which I can only surmise came from some rogue strings carelessly left in a gig bag. These cant be seen if you're playing the bass. Grrr. This is a 10 year old bass but with a bit more care it could have been presented as a 10/10 rather than my estimate of 8.5/10. Still, this has been my main player for years and has seen many a stage.

I've just bought the upgrade 5006 from 4stringer, hence the reason for the sale. This deal is perhaps a GOOD FRIDAY SPECIAL, as I doubt you'll find one of these basses for sale very often.

Collection is from Bromley/Kent. Comes with a Ibanez hard case which itself is in excellent condition.

Edited by Japow

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1428654684' post='2743382']
Awesome, I'm busy playing my 3005E at the moment. Great guitars and rare to see a 6 stringer. If I was looking at moving to 6 strings I'd have it.
[/quote]

Thanks Ed. Would've started with the 3005 myself had I given it much thought at the time. This one always draws comments over the looks and tone so overall great bass.

[quote name='Paulhauser' timestamp='1428753460' post='2744282']
Great bass, would buy it myself if I hadn't already have this very same model and a SR5006 :-)
[/quote]

Thanks Paul! Credit to you for keeping both models.

[quote name='4STRINGER' timestamp='1428756072' post='2744306']
Nice one!!! Is the neck similar to the 5006?
[/quote]

Hey Pete! Sure they're both similar (depending on string choice) and have extremely comfortable necks.

[quote name='Japow' timestamp='1428765360' post='2744389']
Thanks Paul! Credit to you for keeping both models.
[/quote]

Wasn't too hard a decision. The 3006E has been with me for quite some years, once I sold and bought back (the only bass I ever bought back)
So it gotta stay eventhough currently it doesn't get much playing time.
Maybe you should keep this, too.
I honestly think that these MIJ Prestige Ibanez basses are really special and has their own charm which I don't normally find in many other basses.

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...