Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Tokyo 5 jazz bass

Gwilym

[quote name='bass-a-licious' post='3836' date='May 21 2007, 05:53 PM']Just wondering: Are those black spots on the neck dirt that has gone into the wood?

I thought those maple necks were finished with a clear lacquer, thus making dirt removal easy (I'm thinking of my jazz).[/quote]

hi BaL
yes, i think it's dirt in the wood, but the finish looks ok, so I'm not sure how that happened... maybe the fingerboard has been re-laquered in the past - i have no idea. This bass has previously been owned by a couple of other forum members, so if they know, they might chime in :)

cheers
G

[quote name='Gwilym' post='8300' date='May 28 2007, 08:34 PM']hi BaL
yes, i think it's dirt in the wood, but the finish looks ok, so I'm not sure how that happened... maybe the fingerboard has been re-laquered in the past - i have no idea. This bass has previously been owned by a couple of other forum members, so if they know, they might chime in :)

cheers
G[/quote]

Not quite sure myself- It was like this when I got it ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick bump to say this is still available, but cash on collection (or suitable mutually convenient meeting place) as I dont currently have time to sort out packaging and posting etc. Also, it would be my preference to sell to someone who can try before they buy.
It's in at the Bass Center getting a fret dress/full set up at the moment, and I'll have it back at the end of the week. So I'll include that in the price of £1100 and a virtually new Pro-tec semi-hard case.
I'm in no hurry to sell, so if it doesn't shift at that price, I'll probably keep it. And when I get it back on Friday, playing like a dream, I might decide to keep it anyway :huh:
Anyway, there you have it. Still open to offers on interesting trades too. Especially: NS 5 string upright, Pedulla Pentabuzz or WHY? (5strings only though)

cheers
G :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='41290' date='Aug 4 2007, 03:50 PM']That's lovely... I'd really like the 4-string version, like Tal Wilkenfeld's instrument.[/quote]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sadowsky-Tokyo-Jazz-Bass_W0QQitemZ290155595311QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]theres a 4 stringer on ebay at the moment[/url]

... and bump for a 5 stringer :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gilmour' post='58455' date='Sep 10 2007, 09:55 PM']Is this Bass still up for Sale?

Would you consider a trade for a Warwick 2006 "Dirty Blonde" Ltd Edition Thumb (5 string version)?

Thanks[/quote]

sorry mate, a sale is agreed/pending... so unless the sale goes belly up, it's pretty much sold.