Why become a member? ×

So a debate I'm having with myself

Fisheth

The Yamaha RBXA basses are stupidly light, slim necks and pack a superb punch.

I'd say it's a matter of grind and practise. Bass is an endurance, full contact sport!

My 4 string is my go to as it just feels better, but my 6 gets used at least 60% more, and I can do 90% of the things I can on the 4, but really no reason it shouldn't be more like 99%! Neck profiles etc factoring for the last part, such as certain moves, and my 6er being an inch longer scale, so down low, fast runs are a real work out, but I love it!

Might be worth reviewing the height that you wear your bass at - if your axe is positioned badly for your body mechanics you will be making life very difficult for yourself and increasing the possibility of serious playing injuries. Have a lesson with a good bass teacher who can go over your technique with you and advise you on how to maximise your efficiency and minimise the risk of injury. It is fairly common advice to set the strap so the bass sits at the same height that it sits if you play it resting on your leg sitting down, but the position that the instrument sits in when you are sitting down isn't necessarily going to be the healthiest or most efficient position for all players, and will also vary with the design of the bass.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1427045792' post='2725035']
It would be awesome to see someone play a funk gig with a BC Rich Widow!
[/quote]

Pointy basses can get funky . . . . . Jerry Preston. . . . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABLwmYI09Lw