Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD FS/FT Ashdown CTM 300 ALL VALVE HEAD NOW SOLD
£1200

JamesBass

[font=Helvetica][size=2][color=#141923][size=4]I have for sale my beloved Ashdown Classic Tube Magnifier 300 watt bass head. The head has been gigged but has been extremely well looked after and comes with a roqsolid cover which has a few tears.[/size][/color][/size][/font]

[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]The head itself is an absolute monster! The tone is utterly incredible and is by no means wooly! It has an incredible presence and can be EQ'd to give a very nice, cutting tone. There is no loss of tone at lower volumes either, something I've had to become accustomed to with the type of gigs I've been doing recently![/font][/color]

[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]The full specs are as follows: [/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Power Output 300 Watt[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Power Handling 750 Watt[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Power Requirement 115-240 Votls[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Speaker Outputs Speakon/Jack[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Frequency Response 35Hz - 18Khz[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]High Instrument Input 450MV[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Low Instrument Input 150MV[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]DI Output Valve Driven Transformer Derived[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Output Impedance 2 Ohm Minimum[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]EQ Passive EQ Section. Bass, Middle and Trebble plus shape push buttons[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Effects Send Jack[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Effects Return Jack[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Pre-Amp Tubes 1 x ECC83 1 x ECC832 1 x ECC99 2 x ECC82[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Output Tubes 6 x KT88[/font][/color]
[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Weight (kg) 33[/font][/color]

[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]I'd trade for an Aguilar ToneHammer 500 + cash my way.[/font][/color]

[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]The head is located in Portsmouth, unfortunately I'm unable to offer shipping, unless the buyer wants to arrange their own shipping. I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet the buyer. I'm often down in Worthing for Uni so head can be brought down that way with me as well. [/font][/color]

[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]FINAL PRICE DROP PRICE [s]£1050 [/s] [s]£900!!![/s] £850[/font][/color]

[color=#141923][font=Helvetica]Pics available here: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y8fyrgirzo7xdpl/AADZuVDYrYLckfky31tkD6YBa?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....y31tkD6YBa?dl=0[/url] [/font][/color]

NOW SOLD.

Edited by JamesBass

Can't believe that somebody would want to part with one of these!

I love mine to pieces...great, great amp with bags of tone!

Good luck with the sale :)

One quick question though, I noticed that you have all 6 tubes running a little on the cold side... Is there a particular reason for this? Or have they just drifted that way as it has been used?

[quote name='BruceBass3901' timestamp='1426250916' post='2716136']
Can't believe that somebody would want to part with one of these!

I love mine to pieces...great, great amp with bags of tone!

Good luck with the sale :)

One quick question though, I noticed that you have all 6 tubes running a little on the cold side... Is there a particular reason for this? Or have they just drifted that way as it has been used?
[/quote]
Yeah it's been a hard decision but I just don't need this much amp! It's utterly gorgeous, so tonally wide! I've done every type of genre with this amp since I've had it and I've never had a bad tone from it! But I'm gigging more and more these days and while taking it out for 2 gigs a week was fine, taking it for more than that is killing me!

The tunes have drifted that way over time, I did have the tool Ashdown recommend to bias the valves but it got nicked with my old gig bag :(

I wish I didn't have to move it on but I need something lighter, and after trying the ToneHammer before Xmas and I've GASed for one since then! It gives me more than enough vintage tone and it's mid's are more flexible :)

• 2 weeks later...