Why become a member? ×

Punk Legends UK Subs w/Foreign Legion 25th Sept @ Merthyr College

noirpunk

[quote name='Jase' post='262429' date='Aug 14 2008, 02:07 PM']Jarrad boy, how you doing? Pretty well by the looks of things!

Jase.[/quote]

Hello stranger, I'm doing great. Good god it's been a while

Played some crackers already, got 5 nice gigs lined up before Xmas.

Hows things with the Pride? How did quo go?

[quote]My mate from school was in the UK Subs if there is a big tall Scottish bloke playing guitar called Allan say hello from Stevie! Cheers mate.[/quote]

Allan Campbell? Not gonna be doing the gig we're playing. Jet is the new guitarist.

Edited by noirpunk

[quote name='Jase' post='262555' date='Aug 14 2008, 04:42 PM']I didn't play the Quo gig, ( We weren't going to get paid so I didn't play ) the boys said it went ok though, Rob played bass.
Glad the band is going well mate....Tidy Darts![/quote]

Cool, let me know when you're local next It's been too long.
I'll have to bring my Italia over for you to have a crack with, she's a beaut

[quote name='Jase' post='262632' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:04 PM']No worries mate, bring it along, chuck it in my new Hartke gear if you want, or bring that Ashdown Fly you just bought![/quote]

This is the Italia - Alvin Gibbs loved it

Aye that I shall do. Give the fly a go while your at it!
Tell you what I am LOVING being a bassist instead of guitar, so much less worries gear wise haha

Edited by noirpunk

[quote name='Jase' post='262650' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:29 PM']Yes, we could do without all these guitarists.....pain in the arse, if I had my way, I'd have all of them shot OR make it law that only one is allowed in a band..yeah, that's better.[/quote]

I'm gonna miss Bug :) haha

I was never one to potch with endless pedals... DON. But With the joys of DIing and having the soundguy on your side there's no worries on sounding good and being loud enough, It's just a case of hitting the notes haha

Nah, Bug and Don are good guys....Sound guy? DI? PA? ......I dunno, how the other half live eh? Ha, I got no chance of hearing myself with those guys....it's like "here's my guitar and there's the door if you don't like it" Don must be the loudest guitar player I've ever played with.....always got my ear plugs, it really is too dangerous to play with those guys without them!

[quote name='Jase' post='262658' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:40 PM']Nah, Bug and Don are good guys....Sound guy? DI? PA? ......I dunno, how the other half live eh? Ha, I got no chance of hearing myself with those guys....it's like "here's my guitar and there's the door if you don't like it" Don must be the loudest guitar player I've ever played with.....always got my ear plugs, it really is too dangerous to play with those guys without them![/quote]

Oh yeah definately, seriously I think Dons got some sort of secret Marshall built for him... the model that goes to 11 just like Nigel Tuffnell.
Jollys guitar is pretty loud these days, he's got this Peavey Satriani thing and it's like a squadron of Spitfires. Lucky for me I've always got a monitor infront of me.
I had the joy of playing through a nice Ampeg rig not long ago, the bassist in Sham 69 let me borrow it for the set. VERY nice!

[quote name='Jase' post='262665' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:47 PM']Ha Nigel Tuffnell...I'll tell him that! So, I'm Derek Smalls then? :)[/quote]

You need a handlebar moustache for that! and a colection of ludicrously pointy basses and spandex.
Talking of which you'll have to give this a look, it's insane haha

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eRx0ejewo"]Spinal Tap - Big Bottom Live with Friends[/url]

[quote name='steviedee' post='262783' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:32 PM']Yeah Allan Campbell lovely bloke not saw him for centuries.[/quote]

I don't think Charlie would have it any other way, The Subs are a lovely bunch of blokes. No attitude at all, even though I'm a lot younger than them they encouraged me and had the time of day to sit and talk.