Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal Space

Adebass

Hello all.

My band are looking for a space to basically use as a band home. We currently practice in a studio but we're finding that actual song writing is eating into our practice time. We seem to be struggling to find places that will accommodate say a sofa a fridge and a band practicing (usually not very loud and outside of business hours as well). I'm sure people on here have places they own or rent so wondered what the norm is.

My question to you is, what do your band do for practice?

Cheers all.
Ade :)

[quote name='Adebass' timestamp='1423410826' post='2684446']
Hello all.

My band are looking for a space to basically use as a band home. We currently practice in a studio but we're finding that actual song writing is eating into our practice time. We seem to be struggling to find places that will accommodate say a sofa a fridge and a band practicing (usually not very loud and outside of business hours as well). I'm sure people on here have places they own or rent so wondered what the norm is.

My question to you is, what do your band do for practice?

Cheers all.
Ade :)
[/quote]

Sofa, fridge, songwriting - isn't this just where you live?

Haha yeah pretty much but we just want a central hub to chill out, spend evenings there ect and play tunes. The more I typed that it does basically suggest house. I'm still at my folks place and the members that do have their own place might get bored of having bass' guitars drums pa ect all set up :P

We have been going to a studio but for not much more we've seen units going where we could do extra nights and go when we want and it not cost more basically :)

Edited by Adebass

Lucky enough to have bought a house with a massive shed / workshop two years ago. Have converted half the shed into a 5m x 4m rehearsal space with sofa fridge, electric kit and a bunch of small amps. Built a room within a room so although not 100% soundproof it is pretty close. Awesome to have a free space that we don't have to book and we can over run whenever we like.