Why become a member? ×

This would have been a NBD thread, but....

Funky Dunky

...I'm returning my Sterling Sub Ray4 in Trans Blue Satin to Thomann after desiring it for nearly a year and champing at the bit waiting on it finally being delivered.

"But why, you oddball?" you cry.

Well, the day after it arrived, I went on the Sterling website to find out what strings came on the bass as standard. I guess Thomann don't set basses up, due to the sheer volume of stock they deal in (and hey - you can hardly complain, given the prices). The action is a bit high, the string tension unbearable. Fair enough, it's been in transit for a week. But I digress. On my visit to the Sterling website, I discover they have just launched the Sub Ray5 in Trans Blue Satin. I have to have it. I wanted a 5, and I wanted that Trans Blue Satin. I was torn. I waited and waited but they never introduced it, and then bam! I compromise and buy the 4, and suddenly they do the 5 in my colour. So it's going back. Thomann have a 30 day, no quibble, money-back guarantee. So it's going back, and as soon as they get the 5er in stock in Trans Blue Satin, I shal swoop. I emailed Thomann to ask when and how much, and they say they will give me an answer in 14 business days. I emailed them back, told them my intention and I await their instruction and cost to return the Sub Ray4.

Lovely bass, stunning finish, reeeeaally needs a setup, but if they're doing the Ray5 in blue, I MUST have it.

Bit of a bugger that.

But the bright side is in just a few more weeks you get the bass you've been wishing on. I call that a result

Would have been hellish if Sterling had announced the 5'er in April or you hadn't checked the site for strings.

You waited a year another few weeks won't hurt and advance congratulations for when it arrives :)