Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB-R80

Thunderthumbs

I was reading something the other day about Aria Pro II basses, and landed on a page about the SB-R80.

It reminded me that I had one many moons ago, and just out of curiosity I wondered if it had landed in anyone's hands on here.

It's particularly different as I stood on the guitar lead whilst standing up and broke the jack socket on it, so my dad replaced it with an XLR socket instead. I part-ex'd it for a Yamaha BB110S at Sounds Great in Wilmslow, Cheshire circa 1986-1988, so if someone bought one from there, it was more than likely my old beast.

And I'll bet the current owner isn't the tiniest bit aware that the previous owner before me was none other than Tony Butler of Big Country.

So.....does anyone have it?

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='260544' date='Aug 12 2008, 01:38 AM']I was reading something the other day about Aria Pro II basses, and landed on a page about the SB-R80.

It reminded me that I had one many moons ago, and just out of curiosity I wondered if it had landed in anyone's hands on here.

It's particularly different as I stood on the guitar lead whilst standing up and broke the jack socket on it, so my dad replaced it with an XLR socket instead. I part-ex'd it for a Yamaha BB110S at Sounds Great in Wilmslow, Cheshire circa 1986-1988, so if someone bought one from there, it was more than likely my old beast.

And I'll bet the current owner isn't the tiniest bit aware that the previous owner before me was none other than Tony Butler of Big Country.

So.....does anyone have it?[/quote]

MB1. :)
Recently found my old 80s AriaSB so there is HOPE! (I havent got yours by the way!)

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='260563' date='Aug 12 2008, 03:16 AM']Yep, I've got one in white. Looking to sell it too. PM me if you're interested, was going to sort new pics and put this up for sale soon so if you want first dibs, let me know.

Mike[/quote]
Mike,

If I was flush at the moment, I probably would. But I'm not, so I can't. Stick some photos up though anyway, it'd be nice to see.

In all honesty, my original post was more about just seeing if anyone has it just out of interest. I'd just love to know where it's ended up.