Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP11 bass amp
£150

badboy1984

For sale is my Trace Elliot GP11 bass amp. This is one of the very old original trace elliot amp. It features a 11 band EQ. This amp had been fully service last year by Roland from the Amp Clinic. Altho the amp is in a single enclosure but the preamp and the power amp section is seperate, thats why their is a power switch on the front and back. The power amp section is not original but the trace elliot preamp is 100% original. Roland thinks is some kind of pre-production from Trace Elliot back in the days. The power on this amp is rated at 200watt and is loud.

If you know what you doing on this you can either change the power amp or just use this as a preamp.

I will sell this for £150 cash or trade (in terms of trade, interest in another trace 15" or a smaller head).

I based in Manchester and prefer to be collection only due to the weight on the amp.

I had one of these once, an original AH150. It was my favourite head that I've ever owned. It was basically a 150W version of the head from the original 8x10 combo that both Mark King and Leigh 'Leroy' Gorman used, back in the day (I used one of those once too).

Shame about the power amp. Do you know what it is?

I don't really know about the power amp detail, Roland told me is some kind of DIY power amp but is very heavy duty and reliable. Thats why he believed it maybe a pre-production from Trace Elliot back in the days.

Like i said the power amp and the pre amp is completely separate, so if you know what you doing you can convert it back into preamp only or swap out the power amp.

The tone on this preamp is defo one of the best trace elliot preamp i've played. The 11 band EQ is different then the modern one I've played.

Edited by badboy1984