Why become a member? ×

Tele-style Bass Bridge - Jazz Pickup

mrdreadful

Hello all! Long time no visit...

I've picked up parts for a bitsa P/J project, but the bridge pickup cavity has been somewhat abused by previous owners. One option is strip and repair and refinish, but the rest of the finish is pretty sound so I'd rather not.

So I was wondering if there's such a thing as a bass bridge with an extended base plate that has a slot for a J pickup? Kind of like a Tele bridge but for a jazz bass.
Otherwise is there anywhere UK-based who does pickup rings for J pickups? They do exist, but seem to be made from unobtanium.

Edited by mrdreadful

Should not be too hard (or expensive) to get a metalwork shop to manufacture a custom BBOT. The Jazz pickup slot could be laser cut. Could be in stainless steel (polished?), Brass or plain steel and then chromed. Just one example http://www.essexlaser.co.uk/ I have no connection with them, never used, just looked on Google.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1421318132' post='2659703']
So, like an Ibanez ATK bridge but for a Jazz pickup then?

[/quote]

YES! :) I did think of using something like an ATK bridge and having an MM/humbucker at the bridge, but at that point I'd've routed out the stuff I want covered so it would be kind of pointless.

Edited by mrdreadful