Why become a member? ×

Sansamp BDDI Deluxe - Input Problem

livingbasshead

Not sure anyone can help here but I have a sansamp BDDI deluxe pedal in my board. It has two inputs (A and B) so I can plug in two basses and preset for each bass.
The problem is Input B is temperamental - after playing for some time (which seems to vary in length) the signal starts to break up, crackle and go really quiet. I can change banks and have the same problem.
Input A doesn't have a problem at all, so it must be something to do with the input? maybe the socket itself - but would it behave like this? Doesn't seem logical to me.
Any ideas? Cheers!

Assuming it's not your lead, which of course you checked, it'd be worth cleaning out the socket, a quick and easy way is to roll up some wet and dry, or sandpaper, and poke it in out of the Jack socket. Then spray it with some switch cleaner / lubricant. You can also use air spray cleaners. It's amazing what a bit of dirt or dust can do to a jack socket, and amazing again how easy it is to clean.

It could be that little movements in the lead hit the dust or dirt after some time and cause the issues. Though it may be something else related to the circuit board ( dry joint?) at least it's one thing off the list when tried.