Why become a member? ×

USA JAzz 4 string...

nottswarwick

Righty ho everyone. My Black USA JAzz four string needs to be swapped for a fiver of some description.

Reason - I need five strings on my main band, plain and simple. So thus I always use my SR5, but for some numbers teh Jazz has a deeper more trad tone.

Just seeing what is out there really. Mine is around 2001 vintage, rosewood board, black paint, black scratchplate. Full original hard case and all the gubbins.

Would consider a USA Jazz fiver, or Lakland, or Warwick, or MM wiht 2 pickups (HS or HH) or anything really, but it needs to be a decent bass, in simliar good/very good condition to mine. Cash from me if required.

SO, whatcha got?

Cheers all

Chris

[quote name='Marcus' post='26841' date='Jul 4 2007, 08:11 AM']PM sent[/quote]

I'd seriously recommend you try to find a HH or HS SR5- I reckon that would suit you down to the ground- They do a really good jazz impression, it's proper cross between an SR5 and a Jazz.

I had a lakland 55-02 but the SR5 HH does the best of both worlds thing WAY better and in a 34" scale.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='26928' date='Jul 4 2007, 12:29 PM']I'd seriously recommend you try to find a HH or HS SR5- I reckon that would suit you down to the ground- They do a really good jazz impression, it's proper cross between an SR5 and a Jazz.

I had a lakland 55-02 but the SR5 HH does the best of both worlds thing WAY better and in a 34" scale.[/quote]

cool, my options are stacking up and I will get back to everyone ASAP.

Russ, have you got a HS or HH? Does it really do the jazz bass sound? I need something that will give a deeper sound than a normal ray?

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='27095' date='Jul 4 2007, 06:49 PM']cool, my options are stacking up and I will get back to everyone ASAP.

Russ, have you got a HS or HH? Does it really do the jazz bass sound? I need something that will give a deeper sound than a normal ray?[/quote]

As far as the both pickups on full sound goes- yes, but with a twist- it's clearer and deeper but still very much single coil- check out ed friedland's demo of the 20th anniversary SR5HH on you tube- that vid sums the bass up perfectly.

I took one of the pickups in my SR5HH out and they're only dual coil so no chance of a noiseless single pickup single coil mode as with a single pickup SR5

Try one out if you can

r

• 2 weeks later...