Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN FOR NOW - Valenti No. 42 Jazz Bass / Nordstrand PU / Aguilar OBP-1 / Hipshot hardware / CAR
£1000

rosco

Hey guys,

This axe is certainly no stranger to the forum and it really saddens me to be listing her again but alas, I'm a total Precision bass guy and just can't settle on jazz bass necks!

Like so many other owners, I'm probably going to regret moving this one on again as it literally sounds phenomenal. HUGE low end (in fact, it eventually gets unusable, the aguilar pre pumps that much out!), massive tonal bandwidth in recording, very clear and articulate (thanks to the wonderful marriage with the Nordstrands). The build quality on this bass is outstanding, one of the tightest neck pocket I've come across, with a lovely low action and effortless neck (if it had a P bass thickness and a P pickup, I'd never sell it!). The electronics cavity is amazingly neat and tidy as well, a truly wonderful example of how a bass should be constructed! I've popped on a Hipshot Drop D Xtender key in place of the original E machine head (original included) and the bass has recently been setup by Chris McIntyre at McIntyre guitars in Edinburgh as well. Couple of small, 'been gigged' dings on the finish that I've tried to photograph as best as I could in the morbid Glasgow Winter light, but nothing major!

Specs are on the website, but no harm in a wee copy and paste:

[i]Alder Body[/i]
[i]Candy Apple Red w/Matching headstock[/i]
[i]Maple neck w/Pau Ferro fretboard[/i]
[i]1 1/2" @ nut[/i]
[i]34" Scale[/i]
[i]12" Radius[/i]
[i]Graphite Reinforced neck[/i]
[i]Nordstrand NJ4 pickups[/i]
[i]Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp (can be bypassed to passive mode with push/pull on bass boost knob)[/i]
[i]Chrome Hardware[/i]
[i]Mint Green pickguard[/i]
[i]Hipshot Vintage Style Bridge[/i]
[i]19mm String Spacing[/i]
[i]Hipshot UltraLite Tuners (including recently added hipshot drop D Xtender, original machine head inc.)[/i]
[i]Strap Locks [/i]
[i]Semi hard case inc.[/i]

Trades wise? I'm looking for a well built, great sounding 4 string P bass (or PJ), e.g. Sandberg [California VM4 / VS] / Moollon / Clover / G&L etc. Would be willing to part a little extra cash towards something nice, but ideally wanting to swap for something of a similar value.

Will courier at the buyers expense.

I'm listing the bass at a price/trade value of £1000+ (trade) / £900 (sale) as to list a bass of this quality for less would be criminal IMO and I'm not in a mad rush to sell it at the moment as it sounds so fantastic in a studio situation (regardless of whether or not it's my ideal model!) :)

Cheers,

Ross

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b4moblmtulr1go7/AADNwzbv1EA0UJbX6potyDsqa?dl=0"]Link to Hi-Res pics here[/url]

[attachment=180672:DSC_0978.JPG] [attachment=180673:DSC_0968.JPG] [attachment=180674:DSC_0984.JPG]
[attachment=180675:DSC_0998.JPG] [attachment=180676:DSC_0992.JPG] [attachment=180677:DSC_1013.JPG]
[attachment=180678:DSC_1010.JPG]

Edited by rosco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...