Why become a member? ×

Mr. Black - reverb pedals

GazWills

hey - so this is a very specific question, but I wonder if anyone owns one or more of the following Mr. Black reverb pedals:

Eterna
Eterna (gold edition)
Supermoon

the first 2 are reverbs with a shimmer control, and the supermoon is modulated. I have seen a couple of demos, and they sound great, just wondered if anyone had any experience of using these on bass??

cheers

The Neunaber stuff is pretty awesome too, both the Wet Reverb and the Seraphim (shimmer) are killer.

I tried an older version of the Wet on bass and really enjoyed it.

The Mr. Black stuff looks amazing too, great reverb units.

I would not know which one to choose from between the Neunaber and Mr. Black offerings...

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1419881025' post='2643592']
I'll try and do a quick demo of a less extreme setting tomorrow :)

Si
[/quote]

cheers man. i've since seen a fair few guitar vids, and the basic reverb tone sounds a little better to my ears in the std eterna compared to the gold... gone off of the idea of a supermoon now...

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, I'm thinking of buying the Mr Black Deluxe Plus spring reverb/tremelo pedal. I've got a Pedaltrain Mini with EBS Chorus and Multidrive, Wren and Cuff TFR and Planet Waves Tru Strobe tuner and there is just about enough room for one more pedal! I've noticed that reverb and tremelo pedals are used by Basschatters. The reviews of the Deluxe Plus on Youtube seems impressive, but they have sampled this pedal using guitars, not bases. I think it's worth taking a chance that I'll like the reverb and tremelo effects which can be used individually or together. It does the same job as the Strymon Flint for half the cost.